Marijuana is the prototypical cannabinoid, and is one of the most widely used drugs in the world. Interestingly, cannabinoids are molecules found naturally in the human body and brain as well as in cannabis.
This book provides an extensive reference on the biology of marijuana and the role of molecular techniques in elucidating neuropharmacological aspects of cannabinoid receptors and the endogenous compounds that act upon them. Contributions from experts from around the world describe the interaction of cannabinoids and endocannabinoids on a wide range of biological functions including movement, memory and learning, pain, emotions, endocrine functions and many more. The Biology of Marijuana: From Gene to Behavior will be of interest to all scientists and clinicians interested in the biological effects and pharmacology of this drug.
* Cannabinoid Receptor Genetics and Behavior.
* Cannabinoid The****utic Potential in Motivational Processes, Psychological Disorders and Central Nervous System Disorders.
* Marijuana Addiction and CNS Reward-Related Events.
* Effects of Marijuana on Human Performance and Assessment of Driving Impairment.
* Biology of Endocannabinoids.
* Cannabinoids and Endocannabinoids: Behavioral and Developmental Aspects.
* Marijuana and Movement Disorders.
* Effects of Marijuana on the Brain: Function and Structure.
* Marijuana and Cannabinoid Effect on Immunity and AIDS.
* Marijuana and Cognitive Function.
* Marijuana and Endocrine Function.
* Embryonic Cannabinoid Receptors are Targets for Natural and Endocannabinoids During Early Pregnancy.
* Antiemetic Action of D9 – Tetrahydrocannabinol and Synthetic Cannabinoids in Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting.
* Cannabis and Prostaglandins: An Overview.
* Cannabinoid Mediated Signal Transduction.
* Deregulation of Membrane and Receptor Mediated Signaling by THC: The****utic Implications.
* Cannabinoid Receptors: The Relationship Between Structure and Function.
* Endocannabinoid Proteins and Ligands.
* Electrophysiological Actions of Marijuana.
* The Vascular Pharmacology of Endocannabinoids.
* The Cannabinoid Receptors and their Interactions with Synthetic Cannabinoid Agonists and Antagonists.
* Cannabinoids as Analgesics.
* Effects of Acute and Chronic Cannabinoids on Memory: From Behavior to Genes.
* Adverse Effects of Marijuana.
Link download: here